Care of Watercolour & Oil Brushes
to ensure the best possible performance and longest life for your brushes follow these simple rules:
- Always clean brushes immediately after use.
- Never leave brushes resting on their bristles.
- Shape up bristles with your fingers after cleaning.
- If you are storing hog brushes for any length of time, make sure they are clean and perfectly dry and keep them in a box with a tight fitting lid to avoid moth damage. If the brushes are not absolutely dry they may develop mildew.
- Paint should never be allowed to dry on any brush.